THE OWNERS AND PERMITTED OPERATORS AND LESSEES OF CONTINENTAL RANCH HAVE NEVER INSPECTED, PLANNED, INSTALLED, APPROVED, OR MAINTAINED ANY OF THE INSTALLATIONS AND TRAILS. VISITORS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR INSPECTING, DETERMINING THE INTEGRITY AND SAFETY OF ALL TRAILS, BOLTS, ANCHORS, AND ACTIVITIES ON THE CONTINENTAL RANCH. VISITORS TO THE RANCHASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. (INCLUDING ANY INSTALLATIONS OF EQUIPMENT, TOWERS, POLES, LADDERS, WIRES, AND OTHER INSTALLATIONS OR IMPROVEMENTS FOUND ON THE CONTINENTAL RANCH)
THE RANCH AND THE OWNERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF ROUTES, BOLTS, CLIMBING HARDWARE, TRAILS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT ARE LISTED ON THE WAIVER OF LIABILTY RELEASE AND EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND AGRITOURISM ENTITY AGREEMENT.
RULES TO ENSURE A SAFE AND FUN TIME AT THE RANCH
1. Only travel to and climb on the Ranch’s 3 currently established and designated climbing areas: (a) the “Weir Dam” area (b) the “Emerald Pools/BUTT” area and (c) the “Planetarium/Cabana” area.
2. Monitor and avoid all livestock on the ranch roads.
3. Travel with 2 vehicles, 4 persons minimum. This helps ensure safety in numbers
4. Only park and camp in designated areas in close proximity to the 3 climbing areas described on Ranch map. (High clearance vehicle required for Cabana/Solarium areas).
5. Under no circumstances will you be allowed to add any bolts to the Ranch cliffs. Do not alter the Ranch’s rock walls or landscape in any way or remove or disturb artifacts, cacti, insects or other flora or fauna found on the Ranch.
6. Do not swim across the river to access the neighbor’s property for climbing, hiking, camping, exploring, or any other activities.
7. Remove all trash and waste, including human waste, from the Ranch after each trip. The camping areas on the Ranch are primitive. There are noimprovements, including toilets. As a result, all visitors will be expected to have, use, and pack out WAG bags for any solid human waste. The Ranch headquarters does not have a trash bin for visitor use. Dispose all trash after you leave the Ranch.
8. Dogs and other “pets” are NOT allowed on the Ranch. Though we love dogs, it is for their safety and everyone visiting that you do not bring dogs to the Ranch.
9. The Ranch is remote and much, if not all, of the Ranch is without cell phone service. Emergency services, including 911 emergency services, are not readily available. You areresponsible for managing any and all emergency situations that may arise.
Other important numbers: Val Verde Regional Medical Center 830-775-8566
Comstock Border Patrol 432-292-4600
10. DO NOT hunt deer, turkey, quail or dove. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR GUNS AND OTHER WEAPONS AT HOME (camping/utility/climbing knives are fine). You may kill predators such as wild boar hogs, bobcats, or mountain lions if approached. You may kill rattlesnakes in all climbing/camping areas.
11. Do not approach or interact with trespassers or undocumented immigrants. Please call the Comstock Border Patrol as soon as possible.
12. Sign and agree to all WAIVERS, RELEASES, AND OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY THE OWNERS AND EVENT ORGANIZERS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IF THESE DOCUMENTS ARE NOT SIGNED.